Thursday, July 30, 2015

Early Indigo Stars, Next Sampler Block, Flowers & A Loon

Would you believe I only had two fabrics in my stash that I could use for last week's Early Indigo Stars?


 

The one on the left was a Cloth World bargain years ago at $2/yd; the one on the right is Windham's Shenandoah Valley.

 

 I bought this fabric to use as a border. . . 


. . . in a patriotic quilt. At the time the color seemed right but not the time period, lol!


This flower is actually upside down :)


Indigo prints with their large motifs are breathtaking. . . 


. . . when used as bedhangings. This photo was taken at The Jacobus Vanderveer House in Bedminster, NJ. 


I'm thinking about reproducing the quirky leaf block in the lower right corner for the NJ Sampler quilt I'm making. I keep a file of xeroxed leaves so maybe I'll find just the right ones to use as patterns.

 
The Phlox in our yard are so pretty!   


Hostas, too! They are everywhere--the perimeter of our backyard, along the garden fence, near the house, etc. 


We were in the Adirondacks last weekend and I finally got a decent picture of a Loon :) They dive and surface yards from where you first see them so it's always a challenge! It's like playing hide-and-seek, lol!



__________
Copyright 2015, Barbara Schaffer

4 comments:

  1. It must be hard to cut into those large prints but they look wonderful in your stars! Thanks for the garden pictures - we are mid winter here and I miss the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a couple of weeks behind so it's nice too see what you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You used wonderful indigo fabrics to make your stars ! They are gorgeous as usual.....
    Thank you for sharing the flowers photos ! They are so cute !

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty blues! We're in a blue period. I need to dig through my stash.
    I love the garden pictures. I love to hear loons - so soothing.

    ReplyDelete