Wednesday, May 20, 2015

California Gold Stars and Crossroads Finished!

Last week I said I didn't think I had any California Gold fabric in my stash but actually found some that might work.   


They're all pretty close in color and value. 


Just enough of a scrap for the 3-1/2" center square.


A plaid sample from years ago when I worked for a sewing notions company.


Background fabric with a soft sheen finish. 



A Sturbridge Village repro. 



Crossroads is finally done! I started quilting it in January and sewed the label on Monday. My time to quilt is (almost) every night between 7:00 and 8:00. 


A close-up.



I did 1" chevrons in the stars and straight line quilting in the sashing.



Scotch Brand masking tape helped keep my lines straight. 



The back. A bargain at the local quilt shop--30% off if you finish the bolt, which I did when I bought 4-1/2 yds.


A detail. Love these birds!


The label. The binding is Antique Fair by Moda.

I love this time of year. Here are some pics of what's blooming in our yard :)

 Wisteria

 Mayapples

 Bluebells

Lily of the Valley

Columbines


Happy Wednesday!



__________
Copyright 2015, Barbara Schaffer



2 comments:

  1. Your California Gold blocks look wonderful. I still have to do mine.
    Congrats on your finish - love the bird fabric on the back!
    pretty pretty garden flowers. I adore lily of the valley but left them back in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish - the fabric combinations are wonderful - some favourite repros in there! your garden pictures are so pretty and now I am looking forward to Spring and all the columbines that have self seeded in my garden too :)

    ReplyDelete