Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Another Four Patch--and More Stars!

I wanted to finish this little quilt because I just so happened to put a Conversation Print on the back which was also the topic of last week's Stars In A Time Warp quiltalong. 


Straight line quilting in the center and squiggleys in the border following the design.


The back.


Here's a detail.


Check out these bunnies in the only antique conversation print I own. Cute, huh?


Natalie had quite a collection. . . 


. . . and began making a reproduction of Florence Peto's Playmates. A few years ago I assembled the quilt but was not happy with some of the fabrics I used so I'll show it to you another time.   


I really enjoyed working with these fun fabrics.





Have you ever heard of California Gold in terms of fabric? Oh, my! It might be the first time I don't have anything in my stash to make this week's stars!


If you live in the tri-state area mark your calendars for The Garden State Quilter's Guild show on May 30-31 at Mennen Arena in Morristown, NJ. Lots of quilts--some for sale, a boutique, Little Wishes raffle, vendors, and so much more!  




__________
Copyright 2015, Barbara Schaffer




1 comment:

  1. What a cute little quilt love that backing print! I adore conversation prints and you have an amazing collection.
    Hooray, Susan tells me she got Jill's fabric to you :)

    ReplyDelete