Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Foulard Stars and Swatches 2

Posting weekly stars has really inspired me to work on some of my unfinished projects. 


I finally finished (hand) quilting Swatches 2. It's 17-1/2" square. I made this little piece last year with the intention of machine quilting it. I think there's a message here, lol! 


The back.   

 

And here is Swatches 1. I don't think I ever showed you the finished version.


The back.  


If you don't know what Foulard-style prints are make sure you check out Barbara Brackman's Civil War Quilts blog for a great description and lots of examples. Also, several of my quilts are featured in today's post about Printed Plaids :)


I love this fabric. It's one of the older pieces in my stash. 



Foulard prints large and small. 


I've tried multiple times to use this fabric in my repro quilts but the colors were never "quite right." I could never figure out why. So making this star was the perfect opportunity to "show it off :)



__________
Copyright 2015, Barbara Schaffer





1 comment:

  1. You are the Star on BB blog this week - your quilts there are wonderful.
    Love your little swatches quilts and your stars too!
    I had never heard the term "foulard" before

    ReplyDelete