Saturday, February 14, 2015

Livingston Love Letters

In 1999 our local Arts Council came up with the idea of producing an alphabet poster for the town, entitled "Livingston Love Letters." Invitations were extended to local artists asking them to participate by creating a letter of the alphabet as an individual work of art--any size, any medium.



I chose the letter 'C.'

 

I was out running one morning and came across a Camel cigarette matchbook cover with a nice 'C'. How perfect, LOL! I enlarged it on my copier.



I cut out flowers from lots of different fabrics and fused them to form the letter. 


Then I used decorator fabrics for the rest of the piece. 



A continuous letter 'c' frames the center. Folded squares along the outer edges. 



I machine stitched the entire piece in long forward/back zig-zags. 



A little publicity :)



And the cover of the local business directory. . . 

Happy Valentine's Day!



__________
Copyright 2015, Barbara Schaffer




1 comment:

  1. How fun to be part of this art project. Your piece seems so modern for you!
    Thanks for sharing this project.

    ReplyDelete