Wednesday, August 20, 2014

One--or Two--of Each: Quilt, Gravestone, Photo

Another quick post this week.

I made this little One-Patch repro based on a quilt in Merikay Waldvogel's book, Childhood Treasures: Doll Quilts By and For Children. I really fussed over my fabric choices and was lucky to have found a close-match black print for the border. Finished 2013. 

 Hanover Cemetery, E. Hanover, Morris, NJ

What do you think? Quilt patterns on these two gravestones? Different cemeteries same inscriber. 
 
 Whippany Burial Yard, Whippany, Morris, NJ


c. 1929. Three generations of Bowers. My mom, Etta Bower, sitting on the running board. Her sisters--Leila and Midge, back and front. My grandfather and grandmother, Stan and Etta Bower, standing next to my gr-grandmother, Irene Florence McCord Bower Landwehr. Far left is Irene's 2nd husband, Fred Landwehr. Kneeling is my gr-uncle George Kroepke. Most likely taken in the Bronx in front of Irene's car. 

__________
Copyright 2014, Barbara Schaffer


 

No comments:

Post a Comment