Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Fabulous Flowers

This year has been exceptional for growing flowers and our garden is flourishing. Following through on a flower-theme--I have one small and two large quilts, two embroidered pics, and two rugs. 


These Stargazer Lilies were absolutely gorgeous.


Here's a Grandmother's Flower Garden doll quilt I purchased at the AQSG seminar in Williamsburg many years ago.


I have a lot of Columbines in a variety of colors.


This Garden of Eden quilt top was a gift from my kids :)

 Here's a detail. 



Lots of pink and white Phlox near the house. 



 A Rose Wreath quilt I bought at a garage sale for $2.00.

 

My mother was a master at embroidering flowers. She made this piece in the early 1960s.


Feverfew in the borders. 

 
Another by my mom. This one with her initials--Etta Bower Davis.


Lemon Lilies.


A great garage sale purchase--$1.00!


Love Spiderwort!


A hooked rug my mother made. One of my future goals is to learn how to be a "hooker." :)

What's growing in your garden?



__________
Copyright 2014, Barbara Schaffer

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment