Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Lot of This 'n That

I thought it would be fun to show you some summertime pics--past and present. 


 

My great Aunt Leila . . .

  . . . and Uncle George


Fireworks over Mirror Lake in Lake Placid, 2014.


A string-pieced jacket I made in 1989--Summertime Blues.


The back. Those dots are flowers I made out of seed beads. 


An osprey in her nest on the Ausable River, 2014. 


A view of the river.



My dad wearing a wool bathing suit, 1936. 



I bought one just like it at a vintage clothing show.


Bee Balm in our garden. Years ago, we created Blossom's Garden in memory of our dear dog, Blossom.


A little quilt I made last month after I found some leftover HSTs from a Split 9 Patch I made in the early 90s. 


I've been into physical fitness ever since I became an Aerobic Dancing instructor in 1974. I exercise nearly every day and go to the Y several times a week where I take classes and do the weight training circuit. Since 2012 I've been logging my fitness activities on The President's Challenge. I earned Bronze and Silver awards in 2013 and Gold two weeks ago after achieving 160,000 points. The next level is platinum at 1,000,000 points. I only have 836,230 points to go! Let's see . . . how many years will that take?? 


I decided to try and finish the borders on this top. It's been a long time since I've done any hand piecing. Not sure yet what to do beyond that. 


In May I brought 11 storage bins of vintage clothing, hats, trims, etc. to Andi Charkow for her Vintage Clothing, Accessories & Textile Auction coming up on the 26th in Horsham, PA. Check out the "View Photo Gallery" near the bottom of her page to see all the treasures that are being auctioned off.

Happy Wednesday!


__________
Copyright 2014, Barbara Schaffer


No comments:

Post a Comment