Wednesday, June 25, 2014

One of Each: A Quilt, A Gravestone, A Family Photo

Just a quick post this week.

Still waiting for that Walking Foot to come in. In the meantime, I continue to make little quilt tops using my endless supply of small scraps. I think they multiply, lol. 

First Presbyterian Church of Hanover, E. Hanover, Morris, NJ

In Memory of
Elizabeth Daur of
Ellis and Lucy Cook. Who
Died Sepbr 30. 1780
Aged 1 Year 4 Months
and 9 Days


Look close and you'll see the carver's mistake. He forgot to inscribe "and Lucy" but did his best to squeeze them in. 

This is a family photo of my paternal gr-grandparents Horace Davis and Margaret Edwards with their children and grandchildren c. 1892. They are seated in the middle with their youngest son, my grandfather, Ralph B. Davis (1882-1971). Standing directly behind them is their eldest son Osmer Davis (1862-1935) and his wife Carolyn Lawrence (left) and daughter, Olga (1887-  ); on the right is son Edmond Davis (1868-1937), daughter Hannah Adella Davis Lawrence (1869-1894) and her daughter Irene (1889-  ). The family lived in Rockland, Sullivan County, NY. 


A beautiful sunset taken from our deck at the cabin. 

Summer is finally here. Yay!

__________
Copyright 2014, Barbara Schaffer




3 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara I love this little quilt do you mind if I make one for myself and share it on my blog too?
    thanks
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathie, I don't mind at all :) Would love to see yours too!

      Delete
    2. Hi Kathie, I think I was a "no commenter, commenter" when I posted the above. Just want to make sure you saw my reply. I don't mind at all if you make a little quilt like mine. Hope you post yours on your blog so I can see it. Barbara

      Delete