Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Fall 'N Leaves

Fall is my favorite time of year especially when the mountains are ablaze with color. Walking in the woods,  collecting leaves, and yes, photographing gravestones, all make me happy.



This past weekend I captured an early morning sunrise on the Ausable River in Wilmington, NY. 

  

I spotted these bright-colored mushrooms on a hike in late July.





I gather leaves, tape them to plain white paper, make color xeroxes, and then create cards or use them to decorate album pages.


 Several years ago I framed pressed leaves for Christmas presents. 


. . . and made this small piece for the Little Wishes Silent Auction at our guild show a while back.



These two quilts were documented by The Heritage Quilt Project of NJ. Don't you just love the use of natural leaves in the borders? 

 
Whenever I have a chance to photograph gravestones I go for it! I saw this lovely fall-landscaped plot in the Albany Rural Cemetery in Menands, NY. 



__________
Copyright 2013, Barbara Schaffer  


 



No comments:

Post a Comment